• question-icon

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: i'm 45 year old woman had a mri that read:
Ventricles and sulci are mildly prominent in a diffuse fashion consistent with mild diffuse parenchymal volume loss. no abnormal FLAIR or T2 signal in the brain parenchyma.

what does this mean
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This may of no significance.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Mild ventricles and sulci prominence is usually normal in elderly. At your age also, mild prominence may not be of any significance.
However,I would like to know your symptoms(clinical history) in order to answer this well further.

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with further details.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 31 minutes later
ive had cronic migraines with aura since january 2017 includin aphasia. ive also had neuropsych testing due to memory issues wich came up as 78% /borderline. the neuroendrocronlogist who ordered the mri is concerened with something withmy language
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you please upload a MRI image?

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Sure,I would like to offer my best opinion on this, however, I would like to have a look at your MRI first. Can you please upload a nice image of the scan? Besides,the above mentioned MRI changes are less likely to cause aphasia.

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist