What does my MRI scan report indicate?
An MRI without contrast is sufficient.
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
The neuroimaging used for Alzheimer's aims to evaluate any brain atrophy and to exclude other causes of dementia syndrome such normal-pressure hydrocephalus, subdural hematoma, or cerebrovascular disease.
An MRI of the brain without contrast is sufficient to achieve this goal.
Therapies to cure Alzheimer disease, or to slow its progression, are still lacking.
However, a correct diagnosis is necessary first, before to consider treatment about recent short-term memory loss.
Possible causes of recent short-term memory loss besides dementia, include drug induced side effects, prolonged alcohol use (if any), depression, and stress, stroke, Vitamin B-complex deficiencies, etc.
If Alzheimer disease is confirmed after neuropsychological testing and imaging, early stages are treated with Donepezil, Rivastigmine, etc.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?