What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Had surgery on my L5 26 years ago. Having a lot of pain in my back and left leg. Also my left legs is very weak. Had a MRI back in September and it showed a pinched nerve in L5 &L4 and also arthritis. I walk dogs and they pulled on my back now my left leg is weaker. I do have a drop foot. Anything a neurosurgeon can do for me.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurosurgeon can decompress the nerve.

Detailed Answer:
A pinched nerve at the level of L4-L5 can cause weakness in legs and a drop foot. This can be treated by spinal fixation or disc decompression depending on the extent of nerve root compression. Physiotherapy can also help if the symptoms are mild. You can consult a neurosurgeon and plan a surgery accordingly.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad