What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Need your advice on the attached reports.Patient is having Pain in Left knee and is unable to walk properly.We have consulted local doctor who had advised to go for MRI. The Doctor is now advising for surgery. So need to understand what type of surgery it is and how much time will it take also wether the same is necessary or there is some other cure for this
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You require arthroscopic surgery.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. As per your MRI report your ACL ligament is torn. You need arthroscopic surgery for its confirmation and after confirming you may need reconstruction surgery in which ligament is constructed from any of tendon taken from your body. Surgery is essential if you want to be fully active. If you can compromise some activity then you can avoid surgery and can take treatment in form of quadriceps excercises,analgesic and vitamin B and C.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon