What does my MRI reports indicate?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi This is XXXXXXX I have my MRI results. I am Female 53. Information you requested before. I need to up load mri. it is in a picture formate
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Significant local bone changes, investigate and rv Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Your MRI of spine is indicative of serious local pathology called Cervical spondylitis with Myelopathy. The reversal of normal cervical lordosis indicates local inflammatory condition which can be most likely age related Osteoarthritis or sometimes a manifestation of rhematoid arthritis. The C3-C4, C5-C6 and C7 vertebral spaces are hosting significant bony changes and local dessication and tear of intervertebral discs. You need further evaluation of your bone health in general by Bone desitometry also called Dexascan, an Xray of pelvis and hip to see mineralisation, get Calcium and vitamin D3 levels and also get Complete blood counts and serology test for Rheumatoid arthritis also. You should get revied with these reports to a local rheumatologist and a neurologist for further management. Let me know the reports and your current level of discomfort regarding the symptoms you have told earlier. I hope you will find the advise helpful.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Dear Sir, I have tried to get things moving with the doctors. Nothing. I have numbness now. Can you tell me and order these tests. Should I do acupuncture? it has helped in the past. I was doing good inJune...swimming etc. mY BED IS A PROBLEM. i CAN NOT SIT IN CHAIRS. i NEED HELP AND NO ONE HELPS. i think they are putting me of until i need serious stuff. Should i do chiropractics... my nerulogist just says do what ever until it hurts then do not do it. My neck is pushing nin now instead of out. This really happened when I got the shot and did the mri My feet are bad, My butt muscles do not work, My arms and hands are changing, and my facwe feels lots of pressure. I havd numbness in my upper lip and tongue. As I read your statement, I wonder if this will get better. It did happen after July 18. I was swimming and everything. I wonder if all my acupuncture cause some of this. She is very aggressive and works in that region between the discs. I worry about it. Will this get better. Tonight I wad bent.over rubbing my.neck and I pushed one bone in. It really hurts now. All my bones move a lot. I can change my structure a lot. My.neck the most. Thanks. Other things I should share regarding history. 1) I hurt my neck in 98. Carrying a clarinet bag.2) they said I had thorasic outlet/my should dropped 1 1/2 inch. 3) I was good until 3 years ago. I went through a two year divorce. I was very ok and my face flared up. My doctor did cranial sacrial adjustment made it worse. She would not touch it again. I had my right side not working well. I had acupuncture for all three problems. She was extremely aggressive. I still have a bride from 2002. It is at the base of my neck. And in April I went to a cranial specialist. She fixed my face but she adjusted my entire back. Four days later I got in a truck and things were cut off. Not good. Then two months later my new problem happened after sitting at the beach. My neck popped out. The base of the neck. And then two weeks later had the shot and mri. And now all of this. Will this get better?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Get advised investigation and follow up Detailed Answer: Hi Ksellis, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I have received your detailed information. The problem detected in MRI seems to be related to the pathology De novo rather than the old injury to neck. It may be playing additional partly role for symptoms but is not main cause because you were fine till 3 year back. Acupuncture may be counterproductive in your case so avoid wasting time and money in that. Better get the advised work up as I told you previously. Let's see what can be done further after we streamline a more appropriate diagnosis. Take care.