What does my HSG report indicate?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am married from last 3.5 years, and trying for baby. Have gone through required prerequisite tests for both of us. My wife has been go through the test " Hysterosalpingography"( HSG). Below are the findings ( Attaching the report)

1) Uterus shows no filling defects
2)Right fallopian tube shows infundibular hydrosalpinx with the narrowing at the fimbrial end with mild peritoneal spillage
3)left fallopian tube shows a fairy long segment holoinfundilbular hydrosalpinx with narrowing at the fimbria end with very minimal subtle interperitonail spillage.

To give you further history , XXXXXXX had conceived & miscarried it in the 8th week, this was around 2 years back.Am 33 and my wife is 28 years old , Let us know in case any further details are required. What should be our next step.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HSG/ Laparoscopy/ IVF

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Considering that your wife was pregnant once before, the tubes must be good.

2) Considering the fallopian tube report, it gives a worst picture stating hydrosalpinx which may not have lead to pregnancy normally.

3) So i suggest you get another HSG or a laparoscopy to confirm this report.

4) Instead if you wish to hurry you can opt directly for IVF. I can provide details and help in this also if you need in XXXXXXX

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Thank You Dr XXXXXXX
As suggested, We would go for the Laproscopy first and try out IVF at a later stage. Can you guide me the hospitals for laproscopy in XXXXXXX who can assess the tube status and recanalise them if required. what could be approximate cost?

AG
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

If you are coming to XXXXXXX you can meet me directly.

I am in XXXXXXX IVI fertility at Sadashivanagar near mekhri circle, XXXXXXX

The approximate cost will be around 50,000.

Let me know when you are coming.

I can arrange accordingly.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Thank you ,
I will plan my trip to XXXXXXX and let you know shortly.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 minute later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Sure. I will be glad to help you.