What does my EKG result report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have Unconfirmed EKG reprot, would like to Know Cardiolgist Advice
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

I would be glad to review your ECG and give a second professional opinion.

Could you provide here on HCM a photo of your ECG in order to be possible for a direct review of any findings?

You just need to upload a scanned copy or photo of your ECG record.

Meanwhile, I remain at your disposal whenever you provide your ECG report and additional clinical information regarding any potential health complaints or the reasons that led to checking the ECG.

Best regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
I already added attachment with zip file which has images
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, could you upload again?

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

I checked your follow up, but could not found any uploaded file.

Probably an error while uploading.

Please, could you try again to upload your ECG records (without zipping this time)?

I remain at your disposal for reviewing your data.

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
uploaded
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

I carefully reviewed your uploaded ECG records and would explain that no pathological abnormalities could be definitely confirmed by the present findings.

So coming to the direct views, it is concluded that the heart rhythm is normal sinus.

Also, there are no cardiac conductance abnormalities.

A slight negative T wave and the presence of small q wave in lead DIII may raise suspicions for ischemic heart disease, BUT it is a non specific finding and needs to be correlated by the clinical symptomatology and confirmed by additional medical tests:

- cardiac enzymes (CK-B and Troponin)
- cardiac ultrasound

But, those findings in the inferior leads (DIII, aVF) could be seen in several other conditions (certain body habitus [variant thorax geometry, etc], pulmonary disorders, etc.).

Could you explain any possible complaints you have experienced recently?

What about your body weight and height?

Do you have any previous or chronic health disorders (pulmonary, diabetes, obesity, etc.)

Coming to this point, I would explain that ECG is a valuable test when used in conjunction with the actual clinical symptomatology, as certain ECG patterns may resemble to numerous abnormalities and even normal variants.

That's why I recommend a clinical correlation (reviewing your possible complains) by the doctor and not relying on just a rigid ECG machine interpretations.

Hope to have clarified your uncertainties!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 hours later
I really didn't understood, i was diabetis told i may be wrong report.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Your resting ECG shows some possible signs of cardiac ischemia or coronary artery disease. You should know that when there is narrowing of the coronary artery (because of atherosclerosis), an inappropriate blood supply goes to the cardiac muscle, leading to cardiac ischemia, which is characterized by certain ECG changes.

Being diabetic increases your risk for coronary artery disease.

For this reason, I would recommend performing a exercise cardiac stress test for investigating possible coronary artery disease.

If exercise cardiac stress test shows the presence of coronary artery disease, then a coronary angiography is indicated.

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Some other doctor , it is wrong resport, no need to go for cardiac
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is important exclude coronary artery disease as the possible cause of these ECG changes.

Other possible causes to consider would be a lung disorder.

That is why I would recommend performing the above mentioned tests (exercise cardiac stress test, cardiac ultrasound and cardiac enzymes) and also a chest X ray study and pulmonary function tests to exclude a lung disorder.

Other cardiac test alternatives to investigate for coronary artery disease would be:

- coronary angio CT scan
- nuclear perfusional cardiac stress test.

As you are diabetic, I would also advice periodically checking your HbA1C levels (which indicates blood glucose trends in the last three months) and blood lipid profile (as dyslipidemia is a common finding in diabetic patients).

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope to have been helpful!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri