question-icon

What does my EKG report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: Hi, I had an EKG because of chest pressure I was experiencing. The EKG came back abnormal,showed old anterior infarct, possible septal q-waves. what does this mean, should i be concerned while waiting to see a cardiologist
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
There is no need to be worried since this was old heart damage due to smaller myocardial Infarction. It means that you had some heart attack that you didn't even notice. It may have caused some permanent problems but nothing is urgent now and you 'll probably get some further tests such as heart ultrasound and coronarography. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (12 minutes later)
Thank you! I had never had a heart problem before, so this took me by XXXXXXX I will wait patiently for the cardiologists office to call me to schedule me my appointment. Thank you again
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You re welcome

Detailed Answer:
Yes,it may happen that it went unnoticed,this is not uncommon. However,the ecg report may be false as well so these more extensive tests are required but there is no reason to worry now. Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (23 hours later)
I woke up last night and checked my BP 138/83 and my pulse ox 95 and pulse 122 should I be worried about that? My average pulse has been between 109-122. What could be making my pulse so high
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
this is fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
This is not concerning. Pulse may vary in healthy people 60-130. It may be affected by physical or psychological excitement, hormonal changes, whether, food, and many other things. If you dont have pain or palpitation then 120 BP isnt concenring sign.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon