What does my EEG test report indicate?
Complex partial seizures are a type of 'Fits'.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
To make it easy,complex partial seizures are a type of fits.However,they are not like the classical fits known to common men where an individual undergoing a fit has jerky movements of limbs,turning of neck,uprolling of eye balls,frothing from mouth or tongue bite followed by loss of consciousness.
Instead, complex partial seizures may result in loss of awareness for for sometime and then the individual becomes normal.He/she may not even know whether anything happened to him/her.He may also have abnormal movements,like lip smacking,swallowing,chewing like movements or running after others,during the event.
Sometimes,patient may have dizziness or vertigo,vision abnormalities,excessive sweating,flushing,alteration in hearing or psychic/behavioral symptoms-during the episode.
EEG during the event or even after the event may be of help in clinching the diagnosis.MRI Brain must always be sought for to see for the structural causes of seizures.
If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does these torch test report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Hiv test done what does the report indicate
- What does these liver test reports indicate
- What does the test report indicate
- Done sperm test what does the reports indicate
- What does the eeg report mean
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports