What does my ECG report indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My ECG diagnosis : 800 Sinus Rhythm, 410 AV Block I, 502 IVCD ( Interventricular Conduction Block), 510 Suspect Left Anterior Hemi Block, 205 Left Axis Deviation

What should I do ?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Initially lets understand what these terms mean-
A Intra ventricular conduction defect is an abnormality seen in the presence of an underlying rhythm. The transmission of the electrical impulse through the bundle of His or one of the bundle branches is abnormally delayed which is recorded on the ECG as an abnormally wide (> 0.10 seconds) QRS complex.
Intraventricular Conduction Blocks or Bundle Branch Blocks occur in the conduction system of the heart. There are two main bundles of conducting fibers in the heart conducting the electrical signal through the ventricles – the right bundle, and the left bundle (which has an anteriour and a posterious .A 2d echo should be done and if it is normal then no further treatment is required.
First-degree atrioventricular block (AV block), or PR prolongation, is a disease of the electrical conduction system of the heart in which the PR interval is lengthened beyond 0.20 seconds.Usually no treatment is required.Beta blockers ate contraindicated in patients with AV block.
Most important cause of left axis deviation is Hypertension.2d echo should be done.

So overall your ecg is normal(practically) and a 2d echo should be done along with serum electrolytes if that is normal no further treatment is required.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy