• question-icon

What does my CT scan test result indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Cancer
Question: About 14months ago I had my kidney removed because of stage 3 cancer. Now I have secondary spots in 1 long , 2 about 7mm and 1 about 2.3 cm. My oncologist suggest that I wait approximately 3 months till my next scan to see how they progress or if I want to start chemotherapy now. Since the last scan they have changed very little. I feel like I should start the chemo to do something while they are still small. I ,m looking for a second opinion.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is better to start Chemotheraphy at earliest .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
You have undergone Radical Nephrectomy for cancer of the kidney and your CT scan has revealed few metastasis in one of your lung .
.
Though they are small there is no chance that they will regress at any point of time without any treatment.
.
It is generally standard accepted protocol to start the appropriate chemotherapeutic drug at earliest to arrest the further growth of the the secondaries.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist