What does my CT scan test report indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi please refer to the attached ct scan report n revert at the earliest
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained in details

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
You have undergone the CT scan on ultramodern machine.
It shows the following positive findings:
- Mild enlargement of the liver with mild diffuse fatty infiltration. This is reversible if you take care of your diet and do exercises.
- Umbilical hernia: Neck 1.5 cm, 3.7 X 3.0 cm XXXXXXX size, fat stranding indicating chronic inflammatory changes, contents are fat only.
This may need a corrective surgery.
- Bulky ovaries with polycystic appearance on both sides. Medical management under the care of a Gynecologist can help you to get alright.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 10 hours later
Is this the hernia paining or fats paining and what to do
Brief Answer:
Surgery is advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hernia does not pain on its own, compression over the contents cause pain.
If there is pain in the hernia, it should be operated.
1.5 cm of the neck can accommodate a part of intestine causing an emergency situation hence necessary to be repaired.