What does my CT scan test report indicate?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had x Ray on bad shoulder had pain on and off 3 years couldn't see properly on scan so had c t scan the results said sclerotic medial end right clavicle,small regional lymph nodes the differential diagnosis including condensing osteitis of the clavicle and chronic osteomyelitis could I have cancer?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI and Biopsy needed to confirm

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

According to the scan report, you have infection of your collar bone. They're us no evidence of cancer in the scan.

Pyogenic and Tubercular infections need to be ruled out.

Apply ice if it hurts. Take the antibiotics prescribed by your Doctor if any. Eat healthy.

A biopsy after an MRI can be done from the pathological site at the collar bone to be sure if what it is. This is the best method to find out about this problem and rule out cancer.

I hope I have answered your query,

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T