What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I had a CT scan on Thursday. It showed a 10mm Right lung base pulmonary module. My doctor wants me to go back this week and have another CT scan of my chest. Does this sound like cancer to you? Please answer.
Diane McGuffey
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, possibility of cancerous nodule is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Looking at your age (75 years), possibility of malignant lung nodule is more likely.
But age and presence of lung nodule on CT are not the only criteria for diagnosing it as malignant.
We have to correlate many other things like
1. Smoking habit
2. Symptoms
3. Any previous chest x ray or CT scan for comparison
4. Description of nodule on CT scan
So please reply me about these so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng