What Does My CT Scan Report Indicate?
Can be due to many causes.
Thanks for posting your query.
The headache that you have can be due to a side effect of the medicines you are taking stress and anxiety fluctuations in blood pressure hypoglycaemia decreased fluid intake electrolyte imbalance or cervical spondylosis.
A common cause of such headache is Eyestrain-Straining your eyes to focus on things can be a big factor of what causes headaches. You need to get your eyes examined for refraction.
For such headaches, try these lifestyle modifications:
1) Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day. Do not skip any meals.
2) Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques. Yoga and meditation will also help.
3) Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger.
4) Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.
5) You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific investigations like MRI scan of head and neck and a few blood tests.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Thks for your advise, Well Noted, Actually I was looking for advise from a Specialist Diabatologist who in their course of practise may have come across similar cases and cld advise me the specific reason for this headache
As far as frm what I had monitered the head ache is on the outer side on the back side of the head, Some times it is on the left side and some times it is on the right side, As far as I remember this type of Head ache started after I starting on GALVUS MET 50/500, I wld appreciate a specific possibility for this intermittent Head ache and the solution
As already infd in my mail, When Initially I started getting this headache I had visited a Neurologist Specialist and he had even advised plan CT scan which I had done, Report was Normal, Also frm Nurological point of view he said there is nothing wrong
Needs few investigations to find cause.
Thanks for writing again.
To have an opinion of a diabetologist you need to ask a direct query to the concerned specialist.
A CT scan cannot rule out all the neurological causes of headache. MRI scan is a better investigation in this respect. The ache on the outer and back side of the head can be due to many causes and can be related to the medicine- metformin also. A proper cause needs few investigations and a direct examination to pin point the cause. Such a detailed study is possible only when you directly consult a specialist. Getting your eyes examined is also necessary.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.