What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: I have BRAF assending colon cancer that metastasized to the liver.One foot of the colon was removed in XXXXXXX so cancer only in liver but in four places.Every cat scan showed reduction of tumors as much as 25% of original size some not as much.
I had 11 treatments of Folfox and Avastin and now I have had three treatments of Folfiri.The only difference between the two is Folfiri does not include Oxiplatin
Cat scan on 11/28 then on 2/5 showed only minor shrinkage.Doctor told me today probably no more shrinkage and 1-3 years to live.

.He said surgery is not an option.Do I have any other options.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Colon cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking.

I agree with your doctor. It is the right therapy in your case. At this moment you have partial response to chemotherapy.

That is the right option that we have for your type of cancer.

Hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask if there's any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

I understand that is the right treatment now.This gives me 1-3 years according tio the doctor.What is there any other options I may have

Thank you,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
colon cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Regard to this type of cancer other therapies are not being carried out yet

Because of gene mutation, therapies are limited.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy