What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: recently i had a ct scan for a inguinal hernia and chest. hernia has been fixed. other findings are one slightly less than 6mm nodular density at the left lung nase, recommend a 6 to 12 month follow up chest ct for surveillance. im 55yrs old in good health and have been a non smoker for over 13 yrs. i only smoked for 7 yrs. about a pack a day. what the odds of this being cancer? No cancer runs in my family at all. I've had pneumonia as a kid and bronchitis in my 30s.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry for cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Well, possibility of cancerous nodule is very very less. So no need to worry for cancer.
But better to get done follow up CT scan after 9 months to compare the size of nodule.
If it is static or decreasing then nothing should be done. But if it is increasing in size then you will need further evaluation for the diagnosis.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.