What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: DEAR DOCTOR.
I was told that I have CT LUMBO-SACRAL SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST OR STENOSIS.
IS THERE ANY TREATMENT OTHER THAN PAIN KILLERS SUCH LYRICA AND TARGIN?
BECAUSE THAT ALL I’M GETTING.
THANKYOU.
REGARDS xxxx
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, can you state clearly the disease condition?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. Unfortunately, the information is not clear as to what you have. DO you want to say you were diagnosed with a lumbar stenosis? If yes, lyrica and targin are good initial drugs alongside physiotherapy. However, if all fails, surgical options would be considered. I will encourage you to work with your doctor closely. If he thinks medications are making no difference, at that time he will recommend surgical options to help widen the spinal canal at this region.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.