What does my CT scan report indicate?
Endometrial Biopsy advised
Hello and Welcome to Health Care Magic Forum. Hello XXXX , I have gone through your query and it seems that you need a Endometrial biopsy as you have history of abnormal pap smear and also that the endometrial thickness is more than normal at your age . For any further query I will be happy to help. Regards Dr Manisha Jain
thickness above 5 mm is abnormal
A thickness of 12 mm is also abnormal because now you have attained menopause.
Basically we follow a simple fundamental rule which states -
1) any thickness above 12 mm is abnormal
2) thickness above 5 mm is abnormal in case woman is menopausal
3) thickness between 5-12 mm in a premenopausal woman is abnormal only if there are symptoms like spotting in between periods or excessive bleeding in periods.
So as you are menopausal already and thickness is 17 mm it is grossly abnormal so an endometrial biopsy is a must have investigation at this stage.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ct scan report bronchogenic cancer
- What are the findings from the ct scan report
- What is a ct scan
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Hr ct scan done what does the report indicate
- Brain ct scan report
- Whats a ct scan meth
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate