What does my CT scan findings indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
61x29x79 mm size cystic lesion with imperceptible walls seen in retroperitoneum at L3 to L5 levels anterior to aortic bifurcation, lower IVC and common iliac vessels. No calcification, septation or solid component seen. Lesion is abutting the anterior wall of right common iliac artery upto bifurcation. Anteriorly lesion is abutting the small bowel loops. Right posterolaterally lesion is abutting the right ureter. No infiltration into surrounding strictures seen.
This is CT Scan report. Diagnose the problem & Advise us accordingly.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be non-cancerous

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
The CT scan and ultrasonography findings are suggestive of a cyst- meaning contains clear fluid.

It is most probably a benign lesion meaning not a cancer.
There is a possibility of a Lymphangioma, meaning collection of the lymph fluid.

This can be removed by operation , as it may be the reason for pain in abdomen ans is of a fair size to be worried about. There is no medicinal treatment for such lesions .

Follow-up: What does my CT scan findings indicate? 22 hours later
Sir,

Doctors in XXXXXXX has advised for CP Angorgam test to know the exact location of Cyst.

I will be grateful to you in case you can suggest the RIGHT specialist Surgeon Doctor in Ludhiana(Punjab) or nearby for going furtherconsultation & operation.

I will attach the reports of CP Angogram test too as & when I get the same.

regards,
XXXX
0000

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PGI XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Surely.
I think PGI XXXXXXX is one institute. You can have the opportunity to have a multidisciplinary approach for the best results.
I think you are told to do CT angiography, Awaiting the reports.