What does my CT coronary angiogram result report indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: If ct coronary angiogram 700 slice shows multiple blocks in LAD,LCX 30%,50%,60% and one block causing 70% stenosis according to the radiologist report, can one manage with medications and other options like ESMR.
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, can be managed with medicine

Detailed Answer:
Firstly, blockages upto 80 percent can be treated with medicine alone, however above that it's better to angioplasty or bypass surgery. ESMR is not a routine treatment and not a very effective treatment for blockages. It is used when angioplasty or bypass is not possible in patients. So it's not recommended for you.
But the problem with ct angiography is that its not very accurate in estimating the blockages. It either under or overestimate the blockages. So we don't treat the patients just on the basis ct angiography, and advice for coronary angiography which gives accurate assessment and percentage of blockages. So it's advisable that you undergo angiography.
Next you should be on medicine like Aspirin 75 mg once a day, clopidogrel 75 mg once a day, Tab Rosuvastatin 10 mg once a day and other medicines. These three are available in combination like Tab Rosutor gold 10/75/75.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad