Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What does my CT and endoscopy tests result indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3775 Questions
The results of my CT and endoscopy tests showed thickening of left wall of the stomach, colon and duodenum.
I am a 67 year old woman and have constant pressure on my left side in the vicinity of my left rib cage and when the pressure increases my blood pressure increases considerably.
What causes this condition and I should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Concerned..? Yes. Worried...not at this time!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this ct finding of thickened walls of the stomach, duodenum and colon on the left side. What I will like to know is whether thee structures were close to one another or on different parts of the abdomen? Also, do you have diarrhea?

I am of the suspicion that this thickening is probably caused by inflammation. This inflammation is mostly like as a result of irritation by a structure in the vicinity of all these structures. What this structure is remains unknown but your doctor should look carefully on the CT scan to see if there is no suspicious neighboring structure that may be responsible for the chronic irritation and thickening of these structures.

In these thickened structures are not side by side, please ask to see a gastroenetrologist for biopsy and analysis to understand what the exact cause is. This will help in making the treatment decision.

It is normal to be concerned when something abnormal is reported. However, getting worried when it is not confirmed as being pathological and not easily treatable would not help provide solutions and answers that we long for.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor