What does my BP readings indicate?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My blood pressure is 119/91, is that ok?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
so and so...

Detailed Answer:

119 is great, 91 is a little too high. 140/90 or more is considered higher than normal. Please keep in mind that the blood pressure fluctuates during the day (and night!) and sometimes depending on various factors it may rise or return to normal. For example, bad news may make your heart rate and blood pressure rise to higher levels. This is normal! What's not normal is if you constantly have a high blood pressure, even if you're calm, without fever, without any other problems. More measurements will be needed to determine whether this is an isolated high measurement or not.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!