What Does My BP Reading Indicate?
my blood pressure remain very high most of XXXXXXX
e maximum i checked 160/114.
my age is 33 and weight is 115 kgs.
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Your blood pressure values are above the normal ranges, which is indicative for arterial hypertension. But, these blood pressure values are really uncommon at your age.
For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests to investigate for possible secondary causes of high blood pressure:
- a chest X ray study and pulmonary function tests
- a resting ECG
- complete blood count for anemia
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid dysfunction
- cortisol and aldosterone plasma levels for possible adrenal gland dysfunction
- kidney and liver function tests
- blood electrolytes
- fasting glucose and HbA1C levels for diabetes
- PCR and ESR for inflammation.
Meanwhile, I would recommend some tips to help lower naturally your blood pressure values:
- reduce salt and caffeine intake
- avoid smoking contacts
- perform a lot of physical activity (Yoga, aerobics, swimming, etc.)
- try to lose some pounds, as you are overweight.
If no cause is found by performing the above tests, and your blood pressure values are persistently high,despite following the above tests, starting anti-hypertensive therapy will be the next step to do.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!