• question-icon

What does mu MRI scan test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Sir my mri report for spinal
Impression:
Straightening of the cervical lordosis is noted.
C5-C6: disc dissecation. Diffuse annular bulge, left paracentral protrusion, thecal sac indentation and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing, more to the left
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis. Needs exercise, lifestyle modification, medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

It seems that you have Cervical spondylosis with disc bulge that is compressing the nerves mildly.

Avoid bending neck forward or lifting weights. Follow ergonomics at work. You may use a thin pillow while sleeping. Apply hot wet cloth to the painful regions. Eat healthy and keep well hydrated.

You are on the right path to treatment. You can also take Tablet Diclofenac with Thicolchicoside combination twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals. This will offer extra muscle relaxant effect to the right muscles in the back of the neck. Physiotherapy for neck extension exercises and very useful.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 hours later
Really thanks for your advice sir. I also attatch detailed mri report now. Can you please suggest indetail. I have pain at neck also. I cant sit in chair for more than 10 min as i get pain.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI Reviewed, please follow instructions as mentioned, avoid neck bending

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed your MRI Report and it is confirmative of slip disc in the neck spine region.

It is not severe so nothing to be alarmed about.

The disc prolapse may not progress if you take care and follow the instructions given previously.

While sitting in chair, avoid forward bending of neck. You can use the cervical collar for support.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon