Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What does monocytes absolute 176, esr 12, wbc 4.4 and anti nuclear ab titer 1:60 mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10392 Questions
my daughter is 10, she has monocytes absolute 176, esr 12, wbc 4.4,and for urine analysis she has XXXXXXX positive, anti nuclear ab titer 1:60, XXXXXXX pattern: centromere and wbc:6-10, leukocyte estrase large +3, what does this mean and what specialist should i take her to
the first 3 results are for blood test and the rest are urine test
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Anti nuclear antibody positive with centromere pattern is suggestive of a presence of an autoimmune disease.
It is usually associated with CREST or scleroderma.
Consulting a Rheumatologist is recommended for further evaluation.
Presence of leukocyte esterase is suggestive of a good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does monocytes absolute 176, esr 12, wbc 4.4 and anti nuclear ab titer 1:60 mean? 15 hours later
Is there any more blood tests should we make to confirm CREST or scleroderma
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A clinical assessment is necessary for diagnosis and further investigations depend on the symptoms. Anti topoisomerase I antibody and skin biopsy do help in diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor