What does mild concentric hypertrophy indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What is the meaning of Mild Concentric Hypertrophy and Grade-I Tricuspid Regugitation. Is it serious!!!
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing Serious

Detailed Answer:
Hello Maam

As per the medical query raised by you i can understand your concern for your health and i would try to simply and explain this.

Mild Concentric Hypertrophy means that there is slight thickening of the heart muscles in a proportionate fashion. This is a very common finding of echocardiography and it happens when your blood pressure remains slightly high on and off and is just a physiological response against raised blood pressure.

Now coming to Grade 1 Tricuspid regurgitation, its basically a very mild degree of leakage in the tricuspid valve of heart and is normally present in about 85% of the population. Its because of the complex structure of the valve and not due to any disease process.

Ultimately there is nothing to worry for, just take care of blood pressure and cut down daily dietary salt intake.

I hope this information will explain the things you wanted to know.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng