Owl Image

What does "mild chronic pontine and moderate supreatentorial small vessel chronic ischaemia" mean?

Excellent

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
mild chronic pontine and moderate supreatentorial small vessel chronic ischaemia is thisproblem treatable and how
Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal findings. - Not a problem

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.

At 83 years of age, these are common or normal routine findings, and can be seen in much earlier age group, if associated with hypertension and diabetes mellitus.
At this age i expect you to be under treatment for cardiovascular diseases with anti-platelet and anti-clotting factor agents and that is adequate treatment for it. If you are not, any anti-platelet agent or even low dose aspirin can be taken. You can take a prescription from your doctor for these.
It is normal findings, similar to any person of your age.
Not to worry.
Try to maintain lipid level within normal limits, mild exercise and nutritional diet.

Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM