What does mid-cycle spotting in a person with hypothyroidism indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have hypothyroidism since 3 yrs a. I am having midcycle spotting since last 5 months. regular periods. USG is also normal. have been prescribed blongf for 3 months. what to do ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take oral pills for 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic.

In my opinion, you need to take oral contraceptives for at least 3 months.

Taking pills will help to regulate the hormone levels and also lower androgen levels too.

I would also like to know if you are overweight ?

Your history seems like you have PCOD which is not very evident on ultrasound report but is leading to these problems.

Feel free to ask further.

Dr Manisha Jain.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 3 hours later
Thank you for your reply doctor.

No i am not over weight at all. I am 5'3" and i weigh 50 kgs. is it likely that after taking OCs for 3 months the symptoms of spotting and facial hair will return ? Also should i continue BlongF ? why has it been prescribed to me ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes will resolve except hair growth

Detailed Answer:
No dear, hairs will stay but new growth will not occur.
Other symptoms will resolve and periods will be regular thereafter.
Continue blong F as before as it is good for gynaecological health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj