question-icon

What Does Mental Disturbance Indicate After Recovering From A Fever?

Posted on Mon, 6 Nov 2017
Question: Hi Doctor, i am diagnosed with typhoid recently. Fever is not showing in thermometer but i am feeling heat. this too is not for complete day. it is flucuating.
My major concern here is that i am getting disturbed a lot mentally. My thought process is disturbed. My mind is being forced to be alert on whatever i am thinking. i am like what should i think next etc and all. i am thinking like what a person is thinking. This is not with me earlier before this fever. this happened veryrecently. i am worried a lot about this. earlier i never use to think all these and
wasnt so alert. Is it because of typhoid. Food is also not digesting properly.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Are you on any medications at this time?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. For how long have your symptoms been going on?
2. Do you have any bad feelings or thoughts about typhoid fever? How scared are you of this?
3. What is the highest temperature that you have reported?
4. Are there any other things disturbing you in life?
5. What medications are you currently receiving?

I hope this to hear back from you. Your symptoms are not exclusively tied to typhoid and I need more details. Beside, the test done is actually not the goal standard and keep me weary of accepting them as definitive.

Waiting to hear back from you!

Dr. Ivo Ditah