What does "many intermediate cells and few superficial cells" mean in a pap smear test?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Question: hi,

i got my pap smear test done.

the report sAYS many intermediate cells and few superficial cells, with benign reactive epithelial changes due to inflammation. background shows a moderate to severe degree of inflammation with a few cocoabacilli.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Do not worry . your report just shows that you have infection which will go away with a dose of antibiotics.

Nothing else needs to be done , except that get a repeat pap after 2 months after antibiotics.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX