question-icon

What Does Lower Rib Pain With Bloating Indicate While On Vitamin Supplements?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: over the years I have had light pain on occasion right at the lower rib level on my right side. Lately it has become worse. This morning I awoke with throbbing feeling what feels like in my stomach. I feel somewhat bloated. I have had some acid problems and I have been taking over the counter meds for it. I get some regerge after I eat. Im some what worried about it. The throbbing in my stomach (what i feel is just below the sternum ) I do take a lot of vitamins before I go to bed with including an aspirin, and have for many years.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Peptic ulcer or gallatones.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Your pain is caused either by peptic ulcer or gallstones.
If the pain is more on the right side and tends to radiate to the back, gallstones are the case.
If it does not radiate and is more in the middle, ulcer is the problem. Aspirin can be the ulcer factor.

I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound and gastroscopy done. This two tests should be enough to diagnose the problem.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon