What does lower quadrant pain after tubal ligation indicate?

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I had tubal ligation two years ago. Now I'm 8 days late with right lower quadrant pain. Took a HPT it was negative. Now I have period. but it heavy flow, with the same right lower quadrant pain dull ache cramping accompanied by headaches fever.
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Farther tests need to be done

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking Healthcaremagic.

I am Dr.Endri Katro and I will answer at your questions.

Since you had tubal ligation two years ago,than you will never get pregnant.

According to the symptoms that you describe :pain in the right lowe quadrant,heavy flow periods, fever.

One of the main reasons for these symptoms is endometriosis. This tissue very similar to the endometrium begins to grow outside the uterus in various places that it shouldn't.

Another reason is infection/inflamation of the tubes. It will explain the fever.

In both cases you need to do an ultrasound of your uterus and fallopian tubes (intravaginal ultrasound) to determine the reason of these symptoms and get the right treatment.

After the ultrasound is done you need to consult your OB/GYN for the treatment.

For the pain you can use tylenol. It will help with the fever too.

Whish you good health.

If you have any other questions,don't hesitate to contact me.

Dr.Endri Katro
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj