What does lower abdominal pain while on Duphaston during pregnancy indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi I am a 8weeks pregnant and I am on Duphaston 10mg from yesterday I am having sudden pain in my lower abdomen which comes and goes is it serious should I visit a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Some amount of pain in the lower abdomen is normal during pregnancy.
If the cramps are very severe and continuous, yes, you should see your doctor, particularly if you have spotting or bleeding.
All the best.
PLease feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Ok thanks there is no spotting and the pain is nominal so I will wait and see, one more thing how much distance can I
walk everyday?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you may do that.
Have you had an ultrasound scan done ?
If that is normal, you may walk 1 - 2 km daily, at a pace that suits you.
If you feel breathless or have pain / cramps after walking, please regulate the pace / distance accordingly.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Yes I had a tvs done and it's all normal thanks for your inputs
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome dear.