What does low sexual desire in a person indicate?
Reduction of stress is necessary,do not plan, do when you feel
Thanks for writing to us.I can understand your concern and frustration.
Stress is an important factor in life. It can affect sexual desire as well as performance.Please describe more about stresses in your life either of work or other.So I can help in reduction of the same.It will help in your sex life.
You 'Plan' for sex. But you can not complete. Please do not plan. Sex is not only physical attachment. It requires feelings and romance also. You are attracted to your wife that is an important aspect. Do it suddenly when you feel to do so. Natural impulse mostly works.
Please let me know other information also.
- Since when are you having such problems?
- Do you have any physical problem/illness? If yes describe details with medicines going on for the same.
- Do you have any habit of alcohol or smoking? If yes details of the same(duration, quantity).
- Are you suffering from erectile dysfunction? Describe details if you have any problem related to sex apart from desire.
Please do not hesitate to narrate your question in clear words.
Waiting for your reply to help you further.
consulting a psychiatrist will be helpful
Thanks for some information.
From history it is clear that your problem is likely due to work related stress. This stress is causing depression or not that is to be evaluated.For diagnosis of depression details history evaluation and mental status examination are to be done by a psychiatrist.If depression is there treatment can be done and your desire will automatically improve.
For stress reduction I would like to suggest following measures.
- Regular enough sleep, timely meals and daily exercise are important aspects to keep person healthy physically as well as mentally.
- Meditation or deep breathing exercise are also useful.
- Try to avoid thoughts of work when you come back to home.
- Counselling related to work issue can also help.
Psychiatrist can help you in both. Reduction in stress through counselling or with help of anti anxiety drugs if needed as well as prescribing pills for sexual desire if needed for a while.
Your GP on his part is right that as soon as you retire, problem will be solved.But still almost 6 months to go in your retirement and problem can worsen in 6 months more. You are already unhappy with work since 2-3 years so better to consult a psychiatrist and get rid of this problem for enjoyable marital life.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can a person control his high sexual desire
- How to reduce sexual desire
- Having low sexual desire and no morning erection suggest
- How to lose sexual desire
- What causes decrease in sexual desire
- Colchicine and sexual desire
- Low sexual desire regular masturbation weak erection cure
- Concerned about reduced semen and low sexual desire
- Low sexual desire addicted to marijuana smoking cigarettes directions
- Loosing sexual desire what can be done