What does low lymphocyte indicate?
I am 30 year old male . 5 days back I suddenly developed a stomach paid while eating outside. The pain persisted for around 1.5 days . In the mean time I developed fever and headache which continued for around 3 days(till last night). Yesterday morning I got my CBC+ESR test done and received my report today....
TC WBC - > 7.1*10^3
Neutrophil % -> 80.1 (ref Value: 40-75)
Lymphocyte % -> 16.1 (ref value: 20-50)
Is this low Lymphocyte % something to worry about ? Earlier I read somewhere that during a bacterial infection body starts producing more Neutrophils and hence during a bacterial infection the lymphocyte % is genrally lower than usual. Is this the case with me? kindly advise. Thanks a lot in advance for your guidance.
Probably due to infection.
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
What you see in the test result is just percentage/proportion of the total count.
In your case you should read it as high neutrophil count only ( 80% compared to the normal range of 40-75%) and not as low lymphocyte count.
You probably had a bacterial infection which might have caused the raise in the neutrophil count.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does high esr and low lymphocytes mean
- What does low lymphocytes mean
- What causes low lymphocyte count
- What does low rbc and high lymphocytes indicate
- What does lymphocytes count 438 indicate
- What do high lymphocyte monocyte levels indicate
- What causes high neutrophils and low lymphocytes
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Low lymphocytes
- Low lymphocytes indicates