What does low level of creatinine in urine indicate?
it means nothing...
creatinine concentration in the urine means nothing really because it may fluctuate widely depending on the hydration status. Urine creatinine values are commonly used as a way to compare other solutes values taking into account the rate of excretion (represented by creatinine concentration). It can also be used to calculate the glomerular filtration rate (GFR).
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
No and Yes
A spot urine creatinine measurement alone is useless. You can't use it to draw any conclusion at all!
The eGFR (estimated GFR) calculation involves serum creatinine, age, body weight values. The GFR can be calculated by a combination of blood and 24-hour urine collection values. The GFR is more accurate than eGFR.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My urine creatinine level is 148
- Creatinine urine level of 3476
- Elevated urine creatinine levels
- Urine creatinine level 152
- Urine creatinine level over 200
- Normal random urine creatinine level
- What causes low creatinine levels in urine
- Normal level of creatinine in goats urine
- Normal urine creatinine levels
- Lower creatinine levels urine diet