What does loss of balance despite being on steroids and cortisone indicate?
Need more details and lab reports as following....
I am sorry for the health problems you are facing.
Before running into final conclusions, I need to understand your clinical symptoms better. For this, I need to have a look at the lab tests you've done so far. Please upload them and send to me.
As you say, the doctors have diagnosed with neuropathy. This can explain your symptoms. They have suggested surgery but you can't as are actually taking blood thinners for DVT.
Here, I need to ask for Doppler ultrasound report, together with :
- when did the DVT symptoms appear?
- apart blood thinners, are you taking any other meds for DVT or vasculitis?
It's true when there is vasculitis flare up, cannot run surgery as we cannot risk the other blood vessels got inflammed too during or after surgery.
Next, apart steroids for RA, have you been taking any other medication: pain killer? opioids? alternative meds?
We should evaluate all these information to come to the final conclusions.
To me, from what you are reporting, you are having multiple flare up:
explaining your actual health problems. However, I need to analyze the lab reports to finalize my further help.
Physiotherapy is very important to overcome these muscular skeletal problems you are having along with drug therapy.
Looking forward to have the requested lab reports in.
RA and electrolyte imbalance currently going through...
Thank you for providing the requested lab reports. I couldn't open the reports till now due to Internet problems.
Now, I was going through the reports you sent in, and noted as following:
- you've been prescribed potassium chloride, this makes me think you are having problems with electrolytes imbalance. This can explain why you feel off balance
Furthermore, you are taking diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide, which also cause electrolytes imbalance, which is clinically expresses with feeling off balance.
- Next, I noted you are diabetic. Unfortunately, diabetics do often have neuropathy with symptoms you already have. You are treating the pain with neurontin
Furthermore, diabetics are suffering of big oscillations in blood sugar level (bsl) - spiking up or hypoglycemia (low bsl). Prednisone intake might have helped with inflammation but causes overweight and increased bsl.
- Your sedimentation rate is very high. You might need to change the actual prescription for RA. It is the main cause to the pain you are feeling.
Again to me, you need:
- diet changes
to reduce the inflammation and ease the pain.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries.
Hope Rituxan will help you with your RA flare up
I am happy to know my answers were of help to you.
Rituxan is a potent antiinflammatory med. I hope that will work for you.
If no more questions for now, please close this discussion.
You can ask other questions you might have anytime.
All the best and God bless.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pigment loss after cortisone
- Cortisone steroid injections bronchitis
- Cortisone injection and loss of pigment
- Cortisone steroid injections
- Epidural steroid cortisone injections
- Is cortisone cream a steroid
- Cortisone shots for hair loss
- Scabs appear after cortisone steroid injection
- Cortisone steroids virginal bleeding
- Cortisone steroid injections side effects