What does "lenticular subchorionice collection seen" in pregnancy mean?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife is having pregnancy of 7 weeks 6 days..She had ultrasound yesterday..Report says "Good decidual reaction is seen around the sac..small 16*4mm lenticular subchorionice collection seen"..Rest is okay...Is this a matter of concern? just wanted to take second opinion.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
small bleed, precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
The collection mentioned is small and can eventually regress or increase in size.
Most probably it will regress by itself and with the help of injections which are most probably HCG injections it will regress faster.
But in case it increases the chances of spontaneous abortion will increase.
So to prevent it from increasing she should
- take full bed rest whole day except for eating food and going to bathroom.
- avoid constipation
- avoid sexual activity
- keep taking all the medicines as prescribed regularly.
Wish her the best of health.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 17 minutes later
Thanks for the brief answer...She is taking rest now...any specific reason for this collection ? Or it just can happen to anyone..Just Curious..
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
progesterone or folic acid deficiency

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
The cause is most often not known but exertion on the part of female or folic acid deficiency can cause this.
In some patients there is deficiency of progesterone and thus HCG or progesterone injections are given.
Rest is the most important part of management.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 minute later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX .
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome.
In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain