What does lab report showing severe lucency at bilateral lung apices indicate?
You may need proper clinical evaluation and HRCT of lungs.
As you have no history of respiratory problem,chances of emphysema are less.
Apical region of lungs are not typical sites of emphysematous changes.
However,Allergy and asthma may cause emphysema in long course.
It is too early to conclude emphysema from lucency in bilateral apical region.
I suggests for proper clinical evaluation and HRCT of lungs.
HRCT is most sensitive to detect such changes.Only chest X-ray is not sufficient.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
Please do rate my answer if you are satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bilateral lung fields show increased bronchovascular margins
- Bilateral lung fields shows bronchovascular markings
- What is vascular markings in bilateral lung field
- What is mean by bilateral lung congestion
- Bilateral lung fields show prominent bronchovascular marking
- What does this report signify bilateral left apical pleural thickening
- Bilateral lung fileds show prominent bronchovasecular markings
- What do lumps on bilateral forearm indicate
- Sono mammography bilateral done what does the report indicate
- What is bronchovascular markings in bilateral lungs