What does it mean when you get pain in the bottom of your stomach?

Question
I have been having pain below my belly button approximately 1" centrally. All tests come back normal including exploratory surgery. What could be causing constant pain.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely cause is gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. Your problem seems to be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* If I had a patient like you I would perhaps have suggested Prodep (fluoxetine) 20 mg tablet (long term anxiolytic and a prescription drug) once daily for at least 2 months (it may take time for the action to set in). Discuss about this with your treating physician.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: What does it mean when you get pain in the bottom of your stomach? 17 hours later
It is not that type of pain it actually hurts to touch and I feel pulling and tightness

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Costochondritis is another possibility to consider.

Detailed Answer:
It is hard to comment without a proper clinical evaluation. You have already undergone an exploratory surgery, so any structural problem should have automatically detected. Gastritis may not always be obvious on endoscopy, surgery, or even presentation. So, even though it does not seem to be that sort of pain, it would perhaps be a good idea to try out the suggestions I have given in my last communication.

Costochondritis is another possibility to consider. It is not, however, midline and involves the rib cartilage.