What does it mean if you have a pain in your left arm?

Question
I have pain in my left arm from the shoulder, including my wrist and down to my hand and fingers. I have tried using a heating pad, tens unit and tiger balm. I have been taking entirely too many pain pills. This has gone on for about two weeks

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to cervical spondylosis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Based on your complaints it seems that you are suffering from cervical spondylosis. I would insist you to undergo an X Ray of Cervical Spine (AP and Lateral). Based on the report you would need to visit a physical therapist who would be able to demonstrate the right exercises for you. Static neck exercises should help. The other things that can be done are vertebral traction (to widen the spaces) and methods like ultrasonotherapy, heat therapy and physiotherapy for local relief. Norco is an opioid pain killer. Discuss with your doctor about what seems to be best for you. Surgery may be needed in extreme cases.

Feel free to write back.