What does it mean if sperm is yellow and gel-like?
it's possible due to inactivity.
Yes, due to inactivity stagnation happens inside the seminal vesicles (a pair of tube-like structures which hold and secret sperm and liquids). So, that's why after a prolonged period of abstinence, the first few ejaculates may appear with a yellowish hue, gel-like or even clump-like substances. With regularization, it'll be back to usual consistency and color again.
Some additional info regarding this: a few foods and supplements (multivitamin intake, excessive daily intake of some sulfur-rich foods, i.e. broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, garlic, onion, nuts), dehydration can also make such yellowish tinge (while avoiding those stuffs for a few days will bring it back to normal color).
However, in your case, it seems more likely due to the abstinence period only, and there's nothing to worry at all.
Do ensure to drink adequately to remain well hydrated throughout the day.I believe your recent check-ups (including the CT-scan reports) went okay too.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Arnab Banerjee, Critical Care Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellow gel in sperm
- What does yellow sperm and pee burn mean
- Gel like discharge in sperms
- What causes sperm to gel
- What does a yellow colour sperm mean
- What does yellow color sperm mean
- Gel like substance in sperm
- What does sperm like glue mean
- What does it mean if my sperm is yellow and watery
- What does having yellow sperm mean
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?