What does "interval resolution of metabolic activity of the left level of IB nodes" mean?

Excellent

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
I am a lymphoma patient the result of my Pet?Ct scan shows that there is interval resolution of metabolic activity of the left level of IB nodes
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Lymphoma

Answered by Dr. Jyothi B L 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
left level nodes responding to therapy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Jyothi BL and I will be answering your query.

Based on your clinical diagnosis and query, my opinion is as follows:

Interval resolution of metabolic activity means, the lymphnode or lymphoma metabolic activity is responding to therapy and it is reduced compared to previous scan.
The previous hypermetabolic lymphnodes activity is reduced and the lymphoma is responding to therapy.
This is occurring on the left level of 1B means the submandibular group of lymph nodes are having reduced metabolic activity compared to previous test examination.

Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Jyothi BL

Follow-up: What does "interval resolution of metabolic activity of the left level of IB nodes" mean? 21 minutes later
My previous petct scan was fdg uptake suv 5.3 with alymphnode size of 13x8mm?reactive. Is that means the size of the lymphnode reduced or the suv uptake.
For your information I am not taking any treatment my last treatment was in 2012 when I was taking retuximab.

Answered by Dr. Jyothi B L 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It says reduced SUV/metabolic activity uptake

Detailed Answer:
Standardized uptake value or SUV of 5.3 usually indicates a benign diagnosis possibly an infection or a reactive lymphnode. However, in developed countries, 2.3 SUV is often taken as a standard value and above it is considered malignant.

The present FDG PET-CT indicates the reactive lesion metabolic activity is reducing. It does not say anything about the lymph node size, but it says SUV/metabolic activity is reduced.

Dr. Jyothi BL