What does intermittent vaginal bleeding indicate?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Every once in a while I will have a little bleeding when going #2 may be once a month or two months it stops after first sign does not bleed the next day or maybe for another month or two had colen oscopy about a year and a half ago they found nothing no paulps no nothing I'm 57 in great shape no problems what should I think
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anal fissure

Detailed Answer:
1) Presence of fresh bright red colored blood on surface of stool with normal colonoscopy suggest possibility of intermittent episodes of anal fissure.
2) This is a condition in which linear tear develop on inner layer of lower rectum.
3) Passage of hard stool can cause bleeding from fissure, pain around fissure area.
4) Symptoms can be controlled with medication and include stool softener or laxative, local anesthetic agent ointment, anti-inflammatory medication.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you.
Have a good day!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana