What does increased beta hcg levels after an abortion indicate?
possibly an ongoing pregnancy
Thanks for the query to hcm,
As your beta hcg has increased and doubled after previous levels and still positive, it indicates that the abortion has been incomplete and there is possibly an ongoing pregnancy in situ.
It is suggested that you should get a transvaginal ultrasound to check for retained pregnancy first.
Possibly earlier bleed was a threatened miscarriage and not a complete abortion at all. So ultrasound pelvis is must hence.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Beta hcg levels after embryo transfer
- Beta hcg levels after ivf
- Beta hcg levels by week
- What does elevated serum beta hcg levels indicate during pregnancy
- Beta hcg levels for multiples
- Normal beta hcg levels
- Effect on beta hcg levels after suspected miscarriage
- What does beta hcg 77 indicate
- Beta hcg levels
- Beta hcg levels in pregnancy
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection