What does incomplete penetrance of long QTc mean?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi I've just been diagnosed with incomplete penetrance with long QT. I got taken off atacand plus and the QTc went back to 390ms from 590ms. I also had an angiogram which was normal and a echo with was normal. This was 3 months ago. I had another ECG last week and my QTc was normal. I have started getting sharp stabbing pains in my chest which lasted for about 5 minutes ,they came on and off. Could this be heart related considering all the tests I've had. I don't get any pain while exercising. I'm a 44 year old male.
Cheers
XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
Incomplete penetrance of long QTc means your QTc interval may increase abnormally under certain provoking conditions like low potassium, low calcium, very low heart rate, certain drugs, head injury etc. So you must obtain a list of such medicines from your doctor or any related reliable website.
However unprovoked sharp pain is not a character of cardiac pain neither long QT interval is known to be associated with such pains. A normal coronary angiogram is reassuring. It virtually rules out anginal pain.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Follow up: Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Thank you very much Doctor
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
welcome Sir

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome sir.
Sincerely
XXXXXX