What does hypocellular dwarf syndrome mean ?
Thanks for the query.
I think you are talking about XXXXXXX Lorain Dwarfs.
1. XXXXXXX lorain dwarf syndrome-- In this condition there is decrease synthesis of somatomedin C ( a growth hormone in humans). This is also know as HYPOCELLULAR DWARF SYNDROME. Common in Africa.
There are others also such as:
2. Achondroplasia- Achondroplasia is an autosomal dominant disorder caused by the presence of a faulty allele in a person's genome. It causes distortion of body proportion.
3. Growth hormone deficiency- Growth hormone deficiency (GHD) is a medical condition in which the body produces insufficient growth hormone.
4. Other causes of dwarfism include diastrophic dysplasia, pseudoachondroplasia, hypochondroplasia, Noonan syndrome, primordial dwarfism, XXXXXXX syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta and hypothyroidism.
5. Mucopolysaccharidoses-- It is a storage disease, that causes the stunted growth.
6. Russell-Silver Syndrome-- It includes-Triangular face (Craniofacial disproportion)
Down turned corners of mouth
Incurved fifth digit (clinodactyly), and usually shorter digit than normal
Short birth length/ low birth weight
Post natal growth retardation.
7. Lethal acrodysgenital dwarfism- It is an autosomal recessive disorder, it includes the lethality, occurrence of polydactyly, and the sexual ambiguity.
Hope this will help you and in case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for hypocellular dwarf syndrome
- What is compound syndrome
- Symptoms of hypocellular dwarf syndrome
- What is vaterl syndrome symptoms
- Revolving door syndrome means
- Diagnosis of hypocellular dwarf syndrome
- What does hypocellular dwarf syndrome mean
- Hypocellular dwarf syndrome causes
- Drugs/medication for hypocellular dwarf syndrome
- What chromosome is mermaid syndrome on
- What do you suggest for a perforated ear drum due to a fungal infection?
- Brown spots on skin, small bumps on left arm. Is it serious?
- What is the cure for vasculitis ?
- What is the reason for intense throbbing pain in my thighs ?
- Abdominal CT scan, colonoscopy, diverticulosis, hemorrhoids, painful,...
- What medicine can be given for my 9 month child for brown spots around...
- What can be done for a 4month child who is constipating ?
- How are piles treated ?
- Mucosal thickening of sinuses, cysts, deviated septum. Cure with surgery...
- Can fever be caused due to severe heat in the environment ?