What does high temperature in a child suggest?
Monitor the temperature closely
Thanks for the query
The common causes of raised temperature in this age is over clothing,environmental temperature and dehydration fever.Other causes are infections viral or bacterial.
The signs of infection are decrease activity,poor feeding,rapid respiration,loose motion or abnormal movement.
I won't get overly worried if baby is active,playful,accepting feeds well and passing urine 5-6 times a day.I would like to rule out over clothing first for raised temperature as temperature has come down after unswaddling.
Monitor the temperature and look for appearance of any symptom suggestive of infection.Continue frequent breastfeeding as it prevents dehydration and also helps in decreasing the temperature.Keep the room temperature around 28 Celsius to avoid environmental fever.
In case you notice any abnormality consult your physician.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more doubts.
Wish you and your baby good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child high temperature sore shoulder
- Child with racing heart and high temperature
- High bp in a child please suggest
- What is a high rectal temperature
- Child with high temperature and headache
- Reason for child s high temperature despite giving amoxicillin
- Child farting high temperature
- Child with high temperature need to be treated
- What is a high temperature for a baby
- What causes high temperature
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?