What does high level of serum iron in blood test report indicate?
not likely related
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Serum iron levels are not known to be affected by flucloxacillin.
The medication that can potentially affect it are contraceptives and estrogens and these are not related in any way to flucloxacillin.
The antibiotics would not have played a role in his result.
It can be affected by: (1) deficiency of vitamin b6,
(2)certain types of anemia (which would have been reflected in other bloods if present),
(4)some types of liver disease
(5)acute poisoning - acute accidental intake of excess iron supplements
(7)idiopathic-cause is not known
If the other bloods are normal, then it may not be related to any significant condition and this is the reason his doctors may recheck to see where it lies.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Serum iron levels
- Low serum iron causes
- High serum iron low ferritin
- Stopped iron medicines still have high serum iron lab error
- Serum iron level in leukoplakia
- High iron in blood test
- Could headaches result from low serum iron and haemoglobin level
- Lower serum iron
- How can low serum iron affect drugs